How will I need to limit my activities after Canaloplasty?
Immediately after any glaucoma surgery including canaloplasty, you’re going to want to be careful with any kind of activity that requires good stereo vision. Since the vision in the eye that you’ve had surgery may be blurred, it’s important to avoid activities such as driving or working with heavy machinery, until your vision is clear again. Also, until the incision has healed it’s going to be important to avoid any kind of activities that involved submerging the head under water such as swimming or diving or getting the eye dirty such as being out in the dirt gardening. It is however, okay after surgery for you to wash your face, take a shower, wash your hair, go to the hairdresser, things like that.
To view all Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ videos in one playlist, please visit: http://new-glaucoma-treatments.com/canaloplasty-treatment-faq/. Alternatively, you may press the button below.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?