I have heard that Canaloplasty is not as effective as trabeculectomy is this true?
There’s an impression that traditional glaucoma surgery trabeculectomy is more effective at lowering pressure than canaloplasty. This impression is based on the fact that trabeculectomy can get pressures very low, sometimes even, too low in the eye. But recent studies which have compared canaloplasty directly against trabeculectomy do not show a significant difference in final pressure or in the final number of drops that people used after surgery. So in recent academic studies that even presented in national meetings and published in pure review journals, there’s no evidence that trabeculectomy is actually better than canaloplasty. One thing that is worth noting however, is that study after study, shows that canaloplasty is a safer option than trabeculectomy.
Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ Video Playlist
To view all Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ videos in one playlist, please visit: http://new-glaucoma-treatments.com/canaloplasty-treatment-faq/. Alternatively, you may press the button below.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?