How long will my IOP stay controlled with Canaloplasty?
Canaloplasty has been approved by the FDA since 2008. So as of 2012, we have three-year published results, which indicate that the pressure lowering effect of canaloplasty is stable over those three years. Now, three years may not sound like very long, but the older style of surgery, viscocanalostomy, on which canaloplasty is an improvement, has results seven years out. And the seven-year results look very good for that surgery. Since canaloplasty adds to viscocanaloplasty by restoring the natural drainage duct and keeping it open with a stent, we can only imagine that the long term results of canaloplasty are going to be even more impressive.
Dr. David Richardson, MD. is a Board-certified Ophthalmologist and Eye Surgeon in Southern California. He is a recognized and respected, cataract and glaucoma surgeon; and is among an elite group of eye surgeon in the country performing the highly specialized canaloplasty procedure.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?