Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /home/david/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4806
Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
If you’re considering surgery to treat your glaucoma, then no doubt you’re concern about the risks of surgery. In traditional surgeries such as trabeculectomy and tubes, do come with significant risks. One of the things that make canaloplasty of interest to people, who are considering glaucoma surgery, is that, it is a safer surgery. Is it really safer? Well, there’s a study that answered that, that study performed by Ike Ahmed, a very well respected glaucoma surgeon in Canada, compared trabeculectomy with canaloplasty. In his study showed canaloplasty is safer, as fewer side effects and the interesting thing, not only was the pressure reduction the same as with trabeculectomy, and the number of drops used after surgery is the same. But the vision in those patients with canaloplasty was better than the vision in those patients with trabeculectomy. If you’re considering trabeculectomy, you may want to ask your surgeon whether or not you’re a candidate for canaloplasty.
Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ Video Playlist
To view all Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ videos in one playlist, please visit: http://new-glaucoma-treatments.com/canaloplasty-treatment-faq/. Alternatively, you may press the button below.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?