Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /home/david/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4806
I already had traditional glaucoma surgery trabeculectomy, can I have Canaloplasty?
If you already had standard glaucoma surgery called trabeculectomy, then generally, you’re not a good candidate for canaloplasty. The reason for that is that trabeculectomy actually removes a portion of the canal. And that scarring can make it difficult for your surgeon to achieve dilation catheterization of that natural drainage canal. That being said, it is possible in certain cases for surgeon to perform canaloplasty after traditional glaucoma surgery. You should speak to your surgeon about whether or not you might be a candidate for canaloplasty after trabeculectomy.
To view all Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ videos in one playlist, please visit: http://new-glaucoma-treatments.com/canaloplasty-treatment-faq/. Alternatively, you may press the button below.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?