Glaucoma Alternative Treatments
- Today’s Dietitian | Holistic Nutrition: Complementary Glaucoma Therapies
- My Guidelines to Initiating Glaucoma Supplement Therapy
- Glaucoma Supplements To Discontinue (Or Continue) Around The Time of Eye Surgery
- Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Treatment For Normal Tension Glaucoma
- Luteolin turns on Genes that May Prevent Glaucomatous Damage
- Wolfberry (Goji Berry) May Protect Retinal Ganglion Cells from High Eye Pressure
- Can Drinking Green Tea be Good for Glaucoma?
- Agmatine And It’s Potential Role In The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Melatonin – Good for Glaucoma as well as Sleep?
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid May Help Treat Glaucoma
- Resveratrol May Protect the Eyes from Glaucomatous Damage
- Black Currant – A Natural Source of Quercetin
- Rutin May Have a Role in the Treatment of Glaucoma
- Neuroprotective Effect of Quercetin Against Glaucoma Damage
- Forskolin (Coleus) for Glaucoma
- Astaxanthin – Could it Have a Role in the Treatment of Glaucoma?
- Magnesium Supplement And Glaucoma
- Use of Calcium Channel Blockers for Glaucoma
- Saffron For Glaucoma
- Coenzyme Q10 And The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Glutathione In The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Is Salvia Miltiorrhiza (Dan Shen) Effective In The Treatment of Glaucoma?
- B Vitamins And Their Role In The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Vitamin E and The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Vitamin D Deficiency And Glaucoma
- Antioxidants In The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids In The Treatment Of Glaucoma
- Can Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Be Used To Treat Glaucoma?
- Is Curcumin (Tumeric) A Natural Treatment For Glaucoma?
- Should Glaucoma Patients Use Glucosamine?
- Can Mirtogenol® Supplement Be Used To Treat Glaucoma?
- Acupuncture: A Natural Treatment For Glaucoma?
- Marijuana Works As a Treatment for Glaucoma, But…
- Can Ginkgo Biloba Be Used To Treat Glaucoma?
- Could Antioxidants Treat Glaucoma?
In this interview from Today's Dietitian Magazine, Dr. David Richardson discusses Glaucoma and Complementary Glaucoma Therapies Holistic Nutrition: Complementary Glaucoma Therapies By Marsha McCulloch, MS, RD, LD, LN | November 2016 Issue Today's Dietitian | Vol. 18,...read more
My Guidelines to Initiating Glaucoma Supplement Therapy I currently recommend over a dozen supplements to my patients with glaucoma. Do I expect any of my patients with glaucoma to take all of them? No. Taking so many different supplements daily could be overwhelming....read more
Find out which supplements are best discontinued and continued around the time of eye surgery. These supplements lessens risks associated pre and post-eye operationread more
Evidence that PEA can be used to Treat Normal Tension Glaucoma (NTG). PEA has been shown to increase the flow of aqueous fluid out of the eye.read more
Luteolin turns on Genes that May Prevent Glaucomatous Damage What is Luteolin? Luteolin (3’,4’,5,7-tetrahydroxyflavone) is a flavonoid that is naturally found in broccoli, cabbages, carrots, celery, green pepper, parsley, perilla, and chamomile tea. Flavonoids act...read more
Wolfberry (Goji Berry) May Protect Retinal Ganglion Cells from High Eye Pressure What is Wolfberry (Goji Berry)? Wolfberry (Lycium barbarum) is a fruit that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine. It also goes by the name Goji berry. Lycium barbarum...read more
Can Drinking Green Tea be Good for Glaucoma? White, Green, Oolong, and Black teas made from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis contain water-soluble polyphenols called catechins. There are four main catechins found in the leaves of Camellia Sinensis of which...read more
Is there an evidence that Agmatine can be effective in the treatment of Glaucoma? Agmatine is a naturally occurring byproduct of the bacterial metabolism of L-Arginine.read more
Melatonin – Good for Glaucoma as well as Sleep? What is Melatonin? Melatonin (scientific name: N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is a hormone naturally produced in the brain and retina. It can also be found in a number of plant-based foods such as cherries,...read more