Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
Canaloplasty surgery should be a painless procedure, in a sense that your eye will be numbed at the time of surgery. This can be done either with an injection around the eye or with drops. Additionally, most surgeons do have an anesthesiologist present, who could give you something in the IV by vein to keep you nice and relax during surgery. Now, you may have a scratchy sensation or some discomfort after surgery, once the patch is taken off. This is often just from some of the sutures that are placed on the surface of the eye that should dissolve over time in most cases. Your surgeon will also give you some drops to use to help reduce inflammation and pain. If you have more than just a scratchy sensation or a slight ache in the eye that Tylenol does not take care of, then you should call your surgeon.
Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ Video Playlist
To view all Canaloplasty Treatment FAQ videos in one playlist, please visit: http://new-glaucoma-treatments.com/canaloplasty-treatment-faq/. Alternatively, you may press the button below.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?