Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?
One of the unfortunate things about traditional glaucoma surgeries such as trabeculectomy and tubes or shunts, is that, if you’re a soft contact wearer now, after surgery you may not able to wear soft contact lenses. It is possible for some people to wear hard or rigid gas permeable contact lenses after traditional surgery, but because of the bleb soft lenses are generally not a good idea. One of the benefits of canaloplasty is that in general, if you’re a soft contact lenses wearer before surgery, once the eyes healed from surgery, you should be able to be refit for a new pair of contact lenses after the eye is healed.
Canaloplasty FAQ Videos (with Transcript)
- How Long Does Canaloplasty Take?
- How Long Will my IOP Stay Controlled With Canaloplasty?
- How Will I Need To Limit My Activities After Canaloplasty?
- How Long Has Canaloplasty Been Around?
- Why Choose Canaloplasty?
- Why Do I Perform Canaloplasty as My Primary Glaucoma Surgery?
- What Does Minimally Invasive Mean?
- What If My Natural Drainage Canal Cannot Be Fully Catheterized?
- What Are the Risks of Canaloplasty?
- What Is The Big Deal About A Bleb Anyway?
- What If Canaloplasty Doesn't Work, Can I Still Have Traditional Glaucoma Surgery?
- Is Canaloplasty Surgery Painful?
- Is Eliminating Drops Worth The Risk Of Having Canaloplasty?
- Is Canaloplasty Really Safer Than Trabeculectomy?
- Is Trabeculectomy an Option After Canaloplasty?
- Will My Insurance Cover Canaloplasty?
- Will My Vision Change After Canaloplasty?
- Will Canaloplasty Cure My Glaucoma?
- Will I Be Able To Stop Using Glaucoma Drops After Canaloplasty?
- I Have Had Glaucoma Laser Surgery, Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Already Had Traditional Glaucoma Surgery, Trabeculectomy. Can I Have Canaloplasty?
- I Have Used Glaucoma Drops for a Long Time, Will That Affect the Success of Canaloplasty?
- I Have Heard That Canaloplasty Is Not As Effective As Trabeculectomy
- Can I Continue To Wear Soft Contact Lenses After Canaloplasty?